January 14th, 2016
Some people love winter. They love the snow, the snap in the air, the short days and cozy nights at home. Others can’t stand it, for many of the same reasons. Regardless of whether you love it or hate it, though, chances are you’re going to have to get out and drive in it at some point. We’ve got a few suggestions to help you through the winter safely:
• Make sure you’ve got a well-maintained car. This includes fresh windshield wipers, proper tire inflation, a strong battery, a properly-maintained cooling system and a fresh oil change. If your tires aren’t up to the job of winter driving, you might consider switching to winter tires for a while – just
Tags: drivers safety, auto repair, winter tires, snow tires, preventative maintenance, winter auto repair, winter car service
Posted in: Auto Repair 101
December 31st, 2015
In a lot of parts of the country, the winters are tough enough that all-season tires just won’t get the job done. All-season tires are a compromise; they offer good year-round traction with a quiet ride, good handling and road manners. They tend to perform well in wet weather and light wintry conditions, but when the snow is more than a couple of inches deep, all-season tires are out of their league. That’s when it’s time to consider winter tires.
Today’s winter tires are a long way from the heavy, noisy, clumsy “snow tires” or “mud grips” that your dad might have had on his station wagon 40 years ago. Modern winter tires are designed for noise, handling, steering response and road manners that rival grand tourin ...[more]
Tags: tires, driving safety, all season tires, winter tires, snow tires, tread depth, tread wear, replacing tires
November 12th, 2015
Winter tires versus all-season tires…which is the right choice for you?
The two designs are quite different and deliver different levels of performance and winter-weather traction, so let’s discuss.
• All-season tires are designed as an all-around compromise. They feature a tread pattern that evacuates water from the tire’s contact patch to prevent hydroplaning, with plenty of small, textured slits (sipes) to add extra biting edges for traction in wet or slushy conditions.
• All-season tires are designed with a harder tread compound th ...[more]
December 13th, 2013
Another winter storm coming? Before you rush to the store for the last gallon of milk and loaf of bread, you’ll want to be sure your car is ready to battle the elements. Follow these tips before venturing out into the winter wonderland.
- Check your Cooling System. Have your mechanic check your hoses, belts and anti-freeze. A weakened hose or belt can break and leave you stranded, or a weak solution of anti-freeze can ice up and damage your cooling system. Hoses shouldn’t have cracks or become softened. In extreme temperature drops, keep an eye on your hoses and belts, as low temperatures can cause additional breakage or weak spots.
- Check Your Battery. Make sure your car's battery connection is clean, tight and corro ...[more]
Tags: winter driving, winter tires, winter driving tips, buy winter tires, winterize car battery, winter tire benefits, discount winter tires, cheap winter tires, winter tire tips, winter tires and information, tires for winter, snow tires
December (5) November (2) October (5) September (7) August (4) July (7) June (9) May (12) April (8) March (10) February (10) January (16)
December (12) November (16) October (12) September (8) August (14) July (5) June (11) May (22) March (11) February (9)
November (10) October (9) September (8) August (10) July (3) June (14) May (17) April (12) March (8) February (13) January (12)
tires auto repair driver tips safety tips driving driver safety tips auto repair services auto mechanic auto mechanics winter tires winter driving tips buy winter tires safe driving tips winter safety tips winter tire benefits winter tire tips winter tires and information tires for winter new tires passenger tires all season tires buy tires tires online buy tires online tire sale spare tire spare tires car tires tire pressure tire repair tire maintenance discount winter tires cheap winter tires tire rotation tire rotation service tire rotation benefits flat tire repair flat tires tread depth tread wear winter driving winterize car battery snow tires car repair auto repair service check engine light oil change service auto service brake repair brake service oil change car tune up tune up tune up service Fuel Economy oil changes oil filter replacement Mother's Day alignment battery replacement car air conditioning service ac service air conditioning service automobile ac service replacement tires replacing tires back to school preventative maintenance flat tire tire inflation brakes Halloween headlights brake lights holiday travel tire balancing tire alignment car ac service repair car ac air conditioning preventative maintenance tire drivers safety tire rotation service mechanic driving safety car battery winter auto repair winter car service gas mileage wheel alignment high mileage car high mileage engine MPG tire recycling tire technology AC Service car air conditioning brake fluid transmission fluid tips auto facts tire facts spark plug truck tires car alignment